FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old May 31, 2016, 2:12 pm
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
For some context:

The LH rooms page states that a regular King room is 316 ft2 and a regular King Vista room is 360 ft2. Whereas the Vista suite is 402 ft2 and the regular King suite is 530 ft2 (yes that seems backwards but it's what it says...).

At the Waldorf-Astoria Chicago, the regular King room is 371 ft2, the Deluxe King room is 632 ft2, and the suites are 775 (Waldorf), 1124 (Luxury), and 1264 (Gold Coast) ft2.

At theWit, a Classic King room is 315 ft2, a Spa King room is 445 ft2, a Spa Suite is 585 ft2, and a Paramount Spa Suite is 815 ft2.

So the base rooms themselves do not seem small; however the suites - of which the OP was in one - are, quantitatively, small compared to similar Chicago properties, not even to speak of the palatial suites one would encounter in many Asian, Middle Eastern, etc. properties.
Thank you so much for the suite size quotes. When I stay at the Waldorf I stay in either the Waldorf or Luxury (the later of which is quite an experience). I stay at the Drake a lot in their Lakeview Junior Suite (awesome views of Lake Michigan) and that is 600 sq ft of open space on a corner of the hotel so it feels very spacious. (by the way I think the Drake is the best bang for the buck, no its not as fancy as the Waldorf or LondonHouse, but the service is excellent and it has a nice older charm to it and the rooms are decent sized and the views of Lake Michigan are hard to beat) The night prior to my stay at the LondonHouse I was at the Hyatt Mag Mile in the Executive Suite which is 735 sq ft and it has an open spacious sort of layout. When in NYC I stay at the Conrad which the regular suite is 430 sq ft but its a bit wider and a bit more open architecture so it doesn't feel as constrictive as the Vista Suite did.