FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Moments [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016, 12:45 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We did the Cubs Take the Field moment on Sunday. 20,000 points = 2 tickets to the game plus your kid (ages 7-12, I think) gets to take the field with one of the Cubs before the game.

I have to admit: it was pretty awesome. My daughter loved it. Starwood does this for a few Sunday games throughout the year, so here are the details if you're thinking of doing it:

- The 2 included tickets are quite good. Behind home plate, lower level, about 20 rows from the field. Face value if you were to buy them from the box office is $110 each, although they probably aren't available that way.

- We attempted to request a player through Starwood, but the Cubs personnel just assign them randomly. We were assigned Kris Bryant, so no complaints about that at all.

- After you give Starwood your information (a week or two prior to the game), you pick the tickets up at VIP will call and enter the stadium through the VIP entrance.

- The Cubs usher down near home plate was very good at shuffling people around so that additional family/friends could sit down there close at the top of the 1st inning. Once the kids do their thing, everybody else of course has to go back to their regular seats....with 2 people remaining in the prime seats.

- The website doesn't mention it, but you get a brand-new official MLB baseball that the player signs when he runs out to your kid at his position. They give you a ballpoint pen (the kind you want for a baseball autograph) so you get a nice signature on the ball.

Well worth the 20,000 points! ^