FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 31, 2016, 12:04 pm
LASUA1K

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ceebee100
It was my first time there and I got a very nice upgrade along with a few boxes of very nice chocolates (I chose and received the 1,000 points as my diamond amenity). So I guess I didn't witness any upgrade games apart from when they initially told me my no balcony room was not eligible for an upgrade.
The DSU on the no balcony room rate is against Hyatt policy. They quickly took it off the website once they got complaints, but would not honor the upgrade. I then bought up to a different room rate, and then THEY applied an upgrade, even though I didn't want one at that point, I only wanted the upgrade to confirm a better room with the No balcony rate. Try canceling the upgrade after I bought up to a different rate, and that became another ordeal, and I just ended up giving up.

Also, the construction for someone young and no physical issues is not a problem, but they should list this on the website. Why is there no mention of lobby area construction and limited access to an escalator, and Elevators that were down for construction. This should be posted.