FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]
Old May 31, 2016, 11:37 am
MPH1980

Originally Posted by jonnye
Maybe its worth someone from this forum to get schofs and BA App Official together and have them work something out!?

BA has the 'access' and MyFlights has the 'technology' - simple?
I doubt BA would really go down that road - they have a developer API and they've actively discontinued the flight status API - they are far more interested in new routes to market than providing status or booking information.

https://developer.ba.com/

You'd also have to query whether the BA reservation system would be able to access a FinnAir or other booking reference.

MyFlights might actually be better off if it was redeveloped into a screen scrape of the checkmytrip site. I've done a quick scan of the T&Cs and provided a) it didn't make money and b) it secured permission from the end user to do the scrape - it looked like there was nothing to stop it (until they change them of course).

But this is all very sad and depressing that it's come to this. Still - when you have a duopoly on reservation systems and there's little choice - they can kinda do what they like.