FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB/Etihad - Bought Business Class, getting Economy instead...
Old May 31, 2016, 10:54 am
Atrofede

AB/Etihad - Bought Business Class, getting Economy instead...

Hi everybody,

Few days ago I bought a business class return trip from DUS to BKK with Air Berlin / Etihad.

I have to say the fares in the www.airberlin.com website were quite affordable and, for once in my life, I swapped travelling in the middle seat of Row 41 for the wide-seat + pajamas option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But today I got this mail from the Air Berlin Customer Service:

Due to a technical error, the price you paid for your journey was displayed incorrectly in our systems and is not a valid price for this itinerary in the Business Class compartment.

We apologize for the inconvenience and in order to honor your travel request, we offer you either

(i) to fly Economy Class at the same fare; or
(ii) to refund your ticket.

We have already rebooked your itinerary to Economy Class and sent your revised booking separately. If you prefer instead to select to have your ticket refunded, please contact us at...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do they have any right to do this?

I´ve been checking their General Terms and Conditions of Carriage (GTACC) (aka. the contract with rights and responsibilities both parts have agreed when booking and paying) and there´s no way they can plea "price displayed incorrectly" for downgrading us back to Row 41.

Air Berlin´s GTACC: https://www.airberlin.com/site/affil...agb/ABB_en.pdf

4. Prices / Payment
4.1 Fares
4.1.1 The services and prices in the booking confirmation apply.

Thanks for your help!