FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ
Old May 30, 2016, 5:50 pm
CloudCoder

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
IME, they will award stay credit for both rooms but only if there's a valid reason.

Example: you're working a job at two worksites, and you want a room near each location.

There may be other valid reasons why someone needs two rooms on the same night.

It might be a bit tricky to explain why two rooms are needed on the same night, in two hotels which are so close together.

The above applies to STAY credit. POINTS is a different kettle of fish. The HGP Terms and Conditions are unclear on this. If you have up to three rooms in the same hotel, you get points for all three. The rules do not mention anything about what happens when you have two rooms on the same night at different hotels.

Based on my understanding of the rules, I would expect to receive points for both stays, and stay credit for just one stay. If there's a good business reason why two rooms are needed, you can contact HGP and get stay credit for both.

If it were me, I'd message "Gold Passport Concierge" just to make sure.
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
OK, so, for reasons I won't go into, I may have a booking at MGM Signature and Mandalay Bay the same weekend for overlapping times (Sat-Sun-Mon for MGM, Sun-Mon for MB). I will be checking into both rooms. I plan on spending time in both rooms (and billing room charges to both rooms).

I don't care if I get stay/night credit for both rooms, but I do want the Hyatt GP Points I would be getting for the MLife room folio for both stays. Is this feasible? Worst case I can always change one of the rooms over to credit to WN instead, but I'd much rather get the substantial Hyatt points than $10 in WN WGA flight credit... I just don't want to get a goose egg.