FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 30, 2016, 4:43 pm
CloudCoder

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by RTW1
... the use of a DSU requires the account-holder to have the reservation for all consecutive nights.
Lets refer to the HGP Terms and Conditions:
A complimentary suite upgrade is valid on paid nights when paying an Eligible Rate, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights, at participating Hyatt hotels where suite accommodations are available.
The word "stay" is completely absent. Surely if a DSU is valid for only one stay, then that ultra-important word would appear. In fact, the rules say the DSU is valid on "paid nights" (plural). Surely if those nights must be consecutive, then that rule would say "consecutive paid nights".

IME, one DSU covers any number of paid nights, up to seven calendar days.

Example: fly into a big city, stay one night, go out into the boondocks to do your work for four nights, return to the big city and stay another night, then fly home. IME, one DSU is good for both nights (because they're within 7 consecutive nights of each other).

Example: Hotel is completely sold out on night 3 of a 5-night stay. You stay in the hotel for two nights, then you stay elsewhere for night 3 (because hotel is sold out), then you stay in the hotel for two more nights. How many DSU's does this require?

Answer: one ... as per the official terms and conditions.

The GH San Diego is the first hotel I have encountered which has refused to honor HGP's own terms and conditions.

To be fair, my communication was with the holiday shift rather than the normal varsity team. I might try to talk to the regular crew. It's a moot point anyway, as I booked elsewhere on nights 2 and 4, to remove all possibility of misunderstanding.