FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied entry into the U.S
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyingStella

Thank you everyone for your replies.

when I visited in 2012 I didn't have any issue going through customs and the topic was never brought up, nor was it the two or three times since 2012 that I have driven across the border.
The friend I was meeting in Florida was a female and Canadian, we were just meet there to board a plane to Central America together because we were coming from different parts of Canada.

I want to get this cleared up so I can travel through the US, without trouble. I have horrible anxiety when I fly which can cause panic attacks, and I'm sure I came off as nervous, panicky or trying to hide something because of it, and I'm sure it'll be as bad if not worse next time.

Looking at the paperwork I received, it looks like it was a 'application for admission withdrawn'
Under section 212 (a)(7)(A)(I)(I)

Intending Immigrant [INA § 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)] – This is the most common ground of inadmissibility applied under INA § 212(a)(7). Any foreign national who seeks to enter the U.S. and remain here permanently, or who is suspected of seeking to enter the U.S. and remain here permanently, but who does not have the proper documents to demonstrate that s/he has authorization to do so, is inadmissible.

I assume this is because I had a one way flight to Fort Lauderdale booked, then a one way flight from FL to Central America, and could not prove my place of employment without my pay stubs.
Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
Should I apply for a visa? Am I now ineligible for nexus?
From what I've read online it all seems very.. Inconsistent.