FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doha Connection reduced to 1 Hour
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2016, 1:50 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by remdk
The MCT (Minimum Connection Time) st DOH is 45 minutes. This is almost always sufficient.
Well, I can categorically say I'm not doing *that* again. To be fair, I'd booked a 55 minute connection, which got enhanced to 45 minutes

Landed about 5 mins late, then taxied for 10 mins to a remote gate (are all 787s remote? Seems odd to build only half the airport...). Long bus ride and then agent waiting at top of escalators. Wasted precious minutes waiting for all other J pax connecting to my flight. Then "assistance" consisted of pushing to the front of a security line. Security was pointless, as pax were beeping all over the place and nobody was being stopped, nothing being searched. Pax struggled to keep up with the agent, so we lost one person (agent shrugged "he's gonna miss the flight"), and then the agent just pointed to the B gates and said "run"...

I did make it, just, and sweating like a pig, although others from my same flight didn't... And then of course we were delayed to offload their bags *sigh*

Really quite stressful, and I can't help but think things have got worse since the flight banks were re-timed - all my future connections have got shorter (thankfully I have nothing else booked under an hour), where historically it was always 2-3 hours