FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In a pickle--Connecting flight issue
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2016, 8:21 pm
Oreto

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The easiest/best solution has been offered up thread - buy a new AF ticket from NCE to CDG (about €156). No need to waste hours on a lenghty train - the flight is 1 hour 35 minutes.

At CDG get a hotel like the Ibis - not the Ritz but fine for this purpose. Next nothing just hop on the
CDGVAL for the short ride to T1 and the United flight.
+1 for this. The stress alone is not worth it. You are pretty much gambling that the inbound flight will be delayed or that your outbound flight will be delayed in order for you to make it. I checked the inbound flight and the worst 7-day delay from EWR was 2 hours yet the CDG flight to SFO still took off on time. Maybe you'll be lucky as today's flight was delayed 40 minutes but the 7-day average is 2 minutes so I wouldn't take the chance.

One miss for UA's quote of 5k to you would be enough for me to activate some kind of insurance plan for that kind of risk/reward scenario if I were in that situation.

Regardless, please let us know if you decide to chance it and what the results were so that others may have the information.