FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting at AMS from QR to BA
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2016, 6:31 am
flatlander

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Got off the flight from DOH, went through the new transit security where there was absolutely nobody ahead of us at all - looked like staff were waiting around for our flight - and was back in the main bit of the terminal within 10 mins of getting off the plane.
Is that the new transit security near the ends of the G/H piers? If so, that has always looked very quiet when I go past. I rarely go through it, but I go past it a lot to access Easyjet flights from H gates, and I have never seen a queue.

I suppose if there was a massive queue and you could enter the Netherlands, you would have the option to go down the stairs by the entrance to this transit security and past Netherlands Immigration, then up to the landside security. You can check out the queue and go back up the stairs (if questioned "I'm sorry, I'm in transit, I went the wrong way" ). I would estimate that it would take about 5 minutes from leaving the immigration point near G/H to being upstairs at the T3 security point, so if there's a 5 minute wait for inbound immigration and a 10 minute trip through security and outbound immigration you're looking at 20 minutes round trip. I would guess minimum possible is about 10 minutes (zero immigration queues or Privium card, zero security queue or Privium card).