FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nashville Airport
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2016, 7:47 pm
jan_believes

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by m3c1
I did check on the 'tip' the 'rove 312' had and the aircraft is a 737-800 if that is an accurate Id.

It can't be as bad as Tampa the first week of Sept.
I am a native Tennessean with many visits to Nashville. I now hang out close to Tampa.

The post with the advice on August weather in BNA is accurate. The dog days of summer are HOT and humid in Memphis and Nashville.

The info on BNA hotels in the summer is spot on, also. You didn't mention what area you "need" to be in but, yes, the hotels around the airport are in demand most weekends. I stayed in Homewood Suites on Elm Hill Pike but it was an award points stay.

Nashville is one of the easier airports to navigate. Southwest has most of the gates and shares concourse C with AA. SW gates numbered over 20 are a brisk walk.

If I remember, MCI had separate circular buildings making changes challenging but then again it's been a few years.

If you have any military affiliation, the USO is a good place to hang out for a wait before/after flights. (ID required)

The info about Enterprise is a bit suspect. There are restrictions in place with regard to transiting through the airport (standard at most airports) and not paying applicable fees with a car rental. That Enterprise office off airport location is actually close enough to some of the hotels near the airport that you may be able to jump a hotel shuttle and then make your way over. I would tip the driver because the hotel is looking out for its own customers when it provides that service. Perhaps Uber.

You will not be able to drop off that car at the airport. Best wishes.

Last edited by jan_believes; May 30, 2016 at 9:10 pm