FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US CBP Automated Passport Control
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2016, 12:52 pm
Progrowth

Originally Posted by joshwex90
An "X" doesn't mean deny. Secondary inspection could be for violations, not denial of entry.

Do you mind answering what airport and date this was? 3 hours for secondary sounds extreme on steroids
May 25, yesterday, LAX Tom Bradley, the lines were horrendous, not all booths were manned, we even had a lufthansa flight crew in the US citizens section which indicates the crew line was shut, and I do not believe the vast majority of citizens returning with X forms were for violations, probably less than 5%, in my wife's case it appeared it was a facial recognition issue which could have been resolved at the kiosk with a second fingerprint option (which they use for Global entry). There are practical solutions available, it should not be so difficult to return to my own country or take so long to re-enter after a long flight. Btw, they have a secondary inspection area separate to this area, that is not what I'm talking about, no X you exit, X you wait in line, there are more X forms issued than non-X forms from my observations of the person directing passengers in the two directions.

Last edited by Progrowth; May 26, 2016 at 1:04 pm