FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old May 26, 2016, 12:17 pm
Bohemiana

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
The txt below is from the T&C's on the Surpass Card. It looks ike you need to book it through the Hilton affiliated website to get the bonus. I think you might be giving up some points (even more than the 500) on your stay by booking through the AA portal. Although whatever benefit you gain by purchasing thru AA might be more than you're giving up.

Online Booking Bonus
You will receive 500 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points from Hilton HHonors for each qualifying stay at any of the participating hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio when the stay is booked online at any Hilton HHonors brand website and paid for with your Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Credit Card from American
Express.
Thanks for pointing that out. The AA deal is 2 miles per dollar and each reservation is about $400 so 3200 AA miles is worth more to me than 2000 Hilton Hhonors BUT room prices just went up before I had the chance to change anything so I'll just keep it as is and get the 500 Hilton Hhonors per reservation.