FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do I want to earn AMEX MR?
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2016, 11:19 am
DjRocket

Originally Posted by DjRocket

Originally Posted by btk2333
Might I inquire why you choose the Venture card over the Barclay Arrival Plus card which earns slightly better than the Venture?

Probably because I'm not aware of the awesome benefits of the Barclay Plus card. I've seen it in blogs, but nothing jumped out at me. Every blogger seems to be crazy about the Sapphire card. Now I have to go and look at Barclay in more detail : ) Thank you.

Thank you. I'll check them out.
Well I checked out the Barclay Arrival +. Thank you for the reference. It sounds just like the Venture with a marginal extra value of giving 5% to redeemed miles. I applied and got approved with a surprisingly low 7k CL. Would like to try some MS with it to pay for car rental charges I'm planning to put on this card. Do you have any feedback on whether this card is MS friendly? I'm going to try to cycle through the CL like some folks do in these forums. Thank you.

@eccentricfusion Thank you very much for the feedback. I see what you're saying but it sounds like my circumstances and flying profile are different, which make it look like using 2% cashbacks is a better deal for me.