FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old May 25, 2016, 11:33 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Intercontinental Melbourne - The Rialto

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely delighted!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room with corporate rate the first night, and a weekend BOGO the second and third nights. Received a Junior Suite with Club access.

How are the rooms?
The junior suites are spacious and comfortable with a nice sitting and desk area. Bathrooms feature a walk in shower and soaking tub. There is a huge closet for clothes and storage.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge is small, but cozy with staff serving alcoholic beverages and an assortment of evening canapés. There is also a buffet with standard cheeses and cold meats. For breakfast, there is a hot or cold buffet with the option of cooked to order eggs. Club guests can also use the main restaurant for breakfast in the morning instead of the lounge. Families with children are invited to use the restaurant downstairs for drinks and appetizers in the evening.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A box of handmade chocolates from a store in the hotel was included, as well as the standard fruit bowl and bottled water.

How was the minibar?
It looked to be well stocked, although I only used the bottled water.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
-I love the architecture and feel of this hotel. It mixes modern touches with the old Victorian gallery layout of the converted former warehouse.

- There is a decent gym facility, and a beautiful pool, sauna and hot tub on the top floor.

-They treat RA's like RA's and extend benefits on all nights, regardless of whether its paid or a reward night. I understand this is not required by the T and C's, but some hotels "get" the concept of hospitality and rewarding loyalty, while others clearly don't.

Service was friendly and on point at every turn.

-Bad

None

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Outstanding value!

Would you return?
Absolutely! This is one of my favorite and most comfortable stays, owing largely to the way they treat their guests. It makes all the difference!