FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]
Old May 25, 2016, 10:36 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by porciuscato
The gist is that United seems to be wasting time and effort on glitzy targeted offers rather than actually fixing what's wrong.
I am going with the smell of fear. Sears Tower has a crazy look of desperation in its eye. First give away huge numbers of grants of status. Then offers that are bigger (for many for less money) than anything I can recall UA giving. When someone is a PLT and has spend $8K so far this year, to offer then 113,000 miles if they fly another $6,000 is offering them extra miles at 19 miles/$1 of spending. That is a huge bonus. Hell my children (who are lowly Silvers, no bumps for them) got offered 46,000 miles if they flew on $2500 in tickets, that is 18.5 mile/$1. That is an additional 2.5x the usual miles as a bonus.

Remember, United has to take a charge for the miles. Given that that some of these flyers would make it anyway in the usual course, United is paying out a lot for this. UAL must really, really, really need the revenue now.

Originally Posted by dank0014
UA, you are officially on crack for what you are offering me....