FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA ends LAX to New Orleans daily flight [effective August, 2016]
Old May 25, 2016, 7:12 pm
cubachao

Originally Posted by EWR764
This cut comes at the same time as a flurry of IAH-related schedule changes... IAH-ONT/YUL/LOS. SFO-FLL (also overflying IAH) has been seasonally reduced.

I wonder if UA is trying to kill two birds with one stone here... exit a saturated, low-yield market, and strengthen flow over IAH for any MSY-LAX pax who remain with United (as there will be some). IAH becomes the logical transfer point for both LAX-MSY and SFO-FLL.

Edit to add:

Based on the most recent schedule update, even with MSY cut, UA has increased daily departures at LAX for the fall schedule... just about all of the other remaining changes were added flights to spokes like FAT/TUS/LAS/ABQ/PSP/SAN/SMF, plus EWR went up to 15x.
My experience for LAX to LAS flight. go to Vegas every two weeks by air ( leave on Friday night or Sat. morning, back on Sunday night or early Monday Morning) UA only has 4 (sometime 3) daily flight and flight time sucks, also fly with regional jets. However, AA, DL and SW has more frequency plus comfortable aircraft. Virgin is good but always very expensive, I dont fly on NK... Wonder how could UA stay competitive on this route, maybe just connect passengers? I lived in LA area for almost a year but never have change to fly with them.....