FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP G gates -- are you kidding me?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2016, 5:56 pm
CarmenOM

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
For many years, NWA exercised exclusive control of the MSP G concourse including selection of all concessions, restaurants and even maintenance of the physical plant - roof, electrical, plumbing, moving walkways, etc - they had responsibility for the entire concourse G building (and collected all the concessionaire lease payments and commissions, of course). DL inherited this G arrangement from NWA after the merger.

MAC took over all responsibility for the G concourse from DL as of Jan 1, 2016, when the original NWA agreement expired, I believe.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me that at lease renewal, OTG (the concessionaire for pretty much all the iPad restaurants and other retail in G) might get replaced with something more along the lines of the rest of MSP, which MAC has controlled all along.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At least MAC has been trying to select interesting "local" restaurants and bars.
I think the local restaurants and bars are a great feature of MSP; I'm glad to see more coming in in the next few months. However, I also hope that the restaurants at the far end of G keep serving Caffe Vita, an excellent Seattle coffee company. Many Seattleites (me included, as a former long-time Seattle resident) consider it the best of that city's coffee companies.