FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AwardHacker: a tool we build to tell you how to travel with the least miles
Old May 24, 2016, 10:06 pm
skysniper

CX award chart can be found here, and yes, it is true that for LAX-JNB-LAX, single-partner requires 175k while multi-partner award requires 160k if the actually round-trip flying distance is less than 25,000 miles, or 190k if the flying distance is between 25,000 and 35,000 miles.

Another counter-intuitive results I found when I was debugging AwardHacker is that for BA Avios, 1 stop flight could occasionally use less miles than nonstop flight. An example is that BOS-HKG needs 50k, while BOS-NRT-HKG needs only 45k.

As for the non alliance availability, I think it's a good idea to add a special tip.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What does "MR" mean? Well, I know it means Membership Rewards, but Membership Rewards in which country? MembershipRewards have different partners in different countries.

I think this needs to be clarified, at the very least in the drop down where you current spell out that it means Amex Membership Rewards.

Also, is it really true that CX multi-partner awards are less than single-partner awards? It shows the opposite on MH. A search I tried LAX to JNB round-trip in Business showed CX wanting only 160k+ for multi-partner but 175k for single-partner, while it showed MH wanting 174k for single-partner and 190K+ for multi-partner. I want to make sure this correct and not a mis-labeling.

Another thing: I searched LAX to CDG, and AA came up showing nonstop as well as 1-stop, and "oneworld and more". That's presumably because of Air Tahiti Nui flies it nonstop. But there's no guidance on how to search for Air Tahiti Nui availability; it just says first try aa.com (which doesn't show it), and then it says where to look for oneworld availability (but Air Tahiti Nui isn't oneworld or any alliance). At the very least, if you don't know a better answer, I suggest you add "you may have to call AA for availability on some non-oneworld partners".

And thanks for creating it! ^