FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worst Hotel Experience Ever [Hampton Inn, Jacksonville]
Old May 24, 2016, 1:46 pm
theddo

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
So...while the OP didn't specify exactly which Hampton Inn she stayed at, the 2 I glanced at in Jacksonville have 12noon checkout times.

So why would the OP have been given a ring on her cell phone at 11am? If I can check out at noontime, there's no reason to be forced to leave the hotel an hour early.

As mentioned, why would the OP even answer the cell phone if at a funeral?

When I check in, generally the front desk clerk always says "And I see you're staying with us for 1 night", or "I see you're staying with us until the 15th", or something. And then I get the paperwork to sign. So if anything is wrong, there's usually 2 chances to realize it.

How would the front desk clerk know the person was out in their first comment to the OP, as indicated via the OP's transcript?

I wonder how frantic they were trying to find another hotel? It doesn't take all that long to do using a 3rd party site that gives you every hotel option available.

I would love to hear the other side of this story also. I'm sure it would be something like "The reservation was only until the 13th, but we extended them one day already, letting them know we were sold out on the 14th..."
It's never happened to me in the US, but I've often had housekeeping check my room before the official check out time and try to clean it and prepare for the next guests. I've had housekeeping try and barge in repeatedly 4hrs before check-out.

A long time ago they used to check the minibar, too, but I cannot remember that happening when I've paid by credit card.

If the did so and noticed bags unpacked at slightly past 11 with the guests nowhere to be seen... well.