FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to domestic transit time at JFK (Terminal 4 to Terminal 7)
Old May 24, 2016, 5:48 am
jamescho

Originally Posted by trustme
Apologies for bumping an old thread, I have a similar situation to a previous poster, but with different flight info. Here is a transfer I need to make this Friday morning, May 27th at JFK:

Virgin America Flight 0418, arriving at 5:44am in Terminal 4
British Airways Flight 0178, leaving at 7:55am in Terminal 7

I’m flying First on VA and Club World on BA and no checked baggage, which I hope will help with the security line. My original goal was to time it such that I didn’t need to stay overnight in NYC, however I’m concerned now that I’m cutting it too close since I need to leave Terminal 4, take AirTrain to Terminal 7, go through security, and make my gate on time.

Do you think I have enough time or should I go ahead and book an earlier arrival to JFK? I don’t have any room for error, so any help would be greatly appreciated from the veterans. Thank you in advance for your help!
In my experience, this should be fine, assuming your first flight is on time. You don't have to clear immigration/security, no checked bags, and T7 is tiny. Also, there is a premium security line at T7, which if it is open, will get you through in no time.