FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lady jumps from MSY-LAX flight this morning
Old May 23, 2016, 3:10 pm
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
Something similar last month, SAN-ATL on the first flight out. We had left the gate and were headed to the end of the runway when we stopped and returned to the gate. A lady in the back of the plane, along with one or two young children decided that she was too scared to fly and asked to get off the plane. I was surprised they accommodated her since we were getting in line for take-off and also surprised that the pilot gave us the details (her heart was racing and she was very anxious).
We left late but made it to ATL on time. Don't know if she had checked bags but didn't see any offloaded.
Switched to AA this year.

On almost every flight they very specifically say before closing the doors "If you do not want to fly with us today to XXX this is your last chance to something-or-other."

I thought it was kinda funny at first....but after hearing it on multiple flights worded the same way I realized it must be part of their departure protocol.