FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Arlington Gateway - Arlington, Virginia (Washington D.C.) [Master Thread]
Old May 23, 2016, 8:26 am
EkekoBWI

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Still accurate

My recent stay revealed that my earlier comments (post #81) largely still hold true. Some small updates:

Breakfast is comp'd for Premium Rooms and consists of a very basic continental breakfast. On weekdays, this is supplemented with eggs to order. Nothing fancy, but good enough for most business travelers. In a pinch, there's now a Dunkin Donuts 2 blocks away near the Ballston Metro Station (which seems to have knocked out the two mom and pop bagel shops that formerly occupied the area).

PAYAGE is still a great deal...and MAGC is still confusing staff.

Gym is in good shape (little used?).

Mall down the street is slated to get a complete remodel. This should have happened a decade ago, but better late than never.

Buildings next door (retirement home) and across the street (old Marymount University annex) are presently getting a facelift. Never heard any construction noise from either, but I'd recommend asking for a high floor to escape the Glebe / Fairfax street noise.

Pinzimini (in-house restaurant and where breakfast is served) used to have daily happy hour specials that would draw a crowd. These great deals seem to be no more and replaced with 50% off drinks during the hours immediately after work. That move places it in high competition with the countless other places in Ballston and Clarendon.

All in all, this is still my go-to place in NOVA with easy access to IAD, DCA, and DC.