FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How flexible is an RFS?
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2016, 12:50 am
skba1

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by chris1979

I've had BA change my RFS same day a few hours before departure but that was because of a cancelled meeting at Waterside and because I am special......
I have also done it a few times. The issue is that you have to speak directly to the Avios department that opens 7.30 am (?) And closes sometime early evening. Outside of these hours no one at any call centre or ticket desk or check-in desk tends to dare touch your ticket!

I find it very very annoying as the key with these flights booked with avios is often that I need flexibility (even if the 35 pound fee) - assuming there is award space on the flight I am moving to.

I had no way of changing on to an earlier CX departure despite a gazillion of seats (CX were very happy to move me until they saw it was an avios ticket). I needed to call, but of course at midnight UK time it is closed.

Long story short. Never expect to be able to do anything with an Avios ticket within t-24.

That it cannot be cancelled I find very reasonable. That it is not allowed to be changed (assuming you pay the fee and there is availability) is ridiculous.

My star alliance awards are all changeable up to an hour of departure, and for a fee equivalent to of 13 pounds. (And waived if certain status requirements are met)