FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stranded in YYT for 24 hours - passenger rights?
Old May 22, 2016, 9:56 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Aah, the Aeroplan forum at its best in greeting a newcomer and not reading any posts but their own, par for the course!

The OP never even implied that he was seeking EU compensation, he was MERELY asking if there was anything comparable in Canada. He was informed there was not, that's it, that's all. Don't know what all the rest of the posts are going on about, reading comprehension for the win!
Thanks Admiral, for voicing my thoughts exactly. The chief reason I departed this forum - and return only sporadically - is mainly due to the combative nature of several members, and their eagerness to argue, discount or criticize the experiences and opinions of others. There are a couple of remarkably unfriendly replies to the OP, and a few people have chimed in with irrelevant responses to what they wanted to read rather than what was actually written.

AllTheNines, sorry to hear your sig other's travel delay was compounded by the persistent inability of most AC ground staff to accommodate their customers. You'd think the concept of an airplane stranding its load of passengers is an utterly new one, and while the airline may not be on the hook for compensating passengers, the very least they could do is ensure the disruption is made as smooth as possible. How they don't have polished contingency plans in place is beyond me.

Best of luck receiving a meaningful outcome, and I'm sure this experience will remind you there are plenty of alternative options before booking your next flight to or from Canada.