FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stranded in YYT for 24 hours - passenger rights?
Old May 22, 2016, 8:31 pm
eigenvector

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by AllTheNines
I know that this is the case, all airlines are the same, but I disagree that I should have to make multiple phone calls and/or check availability myself. When I got the e-mail from Air Canada to say the flight was cancelled, I was on a bus (in Montreal actually, I'm here for work!), with only my BlackBerry for internet access and just about to walk in to a 2 hour briefing. I didn't have the luxury of logging on to a PC to check all available options. Unfortunately, she also lost her cellphone on this trip and so the first I was able to talk to her was when she got on to WiFi at the airport hotel. If she'd called me whilst still at the airport, I would have told her to stand firm and demand a better solution than the one she was given!
Use TripCase or TripIt Pro, mobile apps which once you load your itinerary (by forwarding the email confirmation) will show you nearly all alternate possibilities in one tap.