FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old May 22, 2016, 7:11 pm
LWT3

Originally Posted by Nicoleesq
I'm new to AMEX and the HHonors Surpass, I signed up when it had the 100k bonus 3 weeks ago and it's been a disaster ever since. I had to call 5 times over 3 days, spoke to 17 customer reps to get my card activated. Now I got a fraud alert email, telling me to call customer service and I do. They told me there's nothing they can do to help me until AMEX CALLS ME to give me a code. Well I've received no call and the customer reps told me to try back later, maybe in about TWELVE HOURS. This is completely unacceptable.

Any ideas of what to do or how to make a complaint with AMEX??
That's all very strange. I've never heard of problems like this. Can't you activate without ever talking to a human? Is there something unusual about your situation, like being out of the country or something? I would call the number on the back of the card, ask for a supervisor, explain the litany of problems you've had and ask the supervisor to take control of the situation and solve whatever problem is going on.