FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stranded in YYT for 24 hours - passenger rights?
Old May 22, 2016, 5:44 pm
AllTheNines

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that hitting a bird and grounding the aircraft is in any way Air Canada's fault. However, in Europe this would certainly have counted for EU compensation because ultimately the airline could have tried to minimise the delay e.g. fly in another aircraft, or try a different re-routing etc.

When I called and spoke to AC I asked if there was any way for her to get back to London quicker (i.e. via YUL/YYZ) so that she doesn't have to waste a vacation day at work, and I was told that waiting 24 hours was the only/fastest option. Perhaps I should have called back and tried another agent before accepting the new itinerary?

Yes she could have ate at the airport hotel, but spending 24 hours in an airport hotel is not particularly fun on a Sunday when you should be at home!

Anyway, it's not a big deal and it seems I would be wasting my time asking for anything further from AC. I just thought it'd be worth asking here first in case it turns out that I should have pressed for more!