FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ
Old May 20, 2016, 1:49 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
What are “eligible” charges?

Eligible charges are room rates (if booked with Hyatt) and incidentals (should include room upgrade charges) that are not paid to third party providers (food & beverage are normally eligible while parking rarely is).

What is a definition of a stay?

A stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one property whether the nights are booked under one reservation or multiple reservations. In maximizing stay credits (for qualification/requalification of status or for promotions that are dependent on stays such as FFN) you can utilize the same property but not on consecutive nights (eg for 3 nights you can alternate properties A B A to obtain 3 stay credits). Award stays (either regular points or promotional free nights) do not earn stay credits.

You cannot earn more than 1 stay credit per night no matter how many rooms you pay for (you will earn the points for multiple rooms if you are paying for them) or how many properties you are paying for that night (however, if you are able to convince a CSR why there was a good reason why you were in 2 properties for the same night (eg you were already checked into a property on the East Coast but had to travel to the West Coast and checked into another property there), you may get 2 stay credits that night).
OK, so, for reasons I won't go into, I may have a booking at MGM Signature and Mandalay Bay the same weekend for overlapping times (Sat-Sun-Mon for MGM, Sun-Mon for MB). I will be checking into both rooms. I plan on spending time in both rooms (and billing room charges to both rooms).

I don't care if I get stay/night credit for both rooms, but I do want the Hyatt GP Points I would be getting for the MLife room folio for both stays. Is this feasible? Worst case I can always change one of the rooms over to credit to WN instead, but I'd much rather get the substantial Hyatt points than $10 in WN WGA flight credit... I just don't want to get a goose egg.