FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awards no longer charged based on highest class of service? (or just the agent?)
Old May 20, 2016, 9:39 am
samunique

Awards no longer charged based on highest class of service? (or just the agent?)

Trying to do an award booking from DVO-LHR.

DVO-SIN is on Silkair, so obviously no first class, planning to book on business class.

SIN-LHR on SQ first.

In the past I know the SQ's system will automatically default to charging each segment individually (so DVO-SIN Business mileages PLUS SIN-LHR first class mileage). But I've had success getting the agent to charge based on highest class flown (so DVO-LHR first class mileage).

I just spoke to an agent who told me this is not allowed. I gave her the booking reference of another booking I just ticketed in January, whereby it was allowed. I also quoted the terms and conditions of SQ's own award chart stating this is possible (the one including premium economy!) which I would presume has the most updated terms.

She told me the policy just changed a few days ago, and they would get the management to update the website.

Anyone has any idea if there really was a policy change, or just an uncooperative agent who did not want to check with others if this can be done?