FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Soneva Jani (Maldives) Opening Rates
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2016, 9:26 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by ridefar
Hmmm, not sure I really "get it". Admittedly I find myself saying that about more and more luxury properties these days. So information and design details are limited, but this seems like just another, yawn, OWB property like so many others with nothing to differentiate it. I am sure it is nice, lovely, whatever. But really? $5k a night for something that isn't really distinguishable from a dozen others (just in the Maldives)? Am I alone in thinking that the time is increasingly ripe for something actually different on the luxury destination front? Maybe it is just me. Wouldn't be the first time!
I keep thinking Maldives is a saturated market but clearly resorts don't - they still build them, and people still go.

The OP did say there's 50% discount available on those rates, so those are just published rates. Still pricey, but for the size of the villas + pool etc maybe understandable (definitely comparable with CBR / O&O). Plus Soneva currently doesn't have an overwater option there.