FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston tolls and parking
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2016, 11:28 pm
CKDGM

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I will be Boston for a weekend trip and trying to figure out of couple of things in advance.

Tolls - Major usage of car will be from BOS to Hyatt Medford/Concord. Are there any major tolls on this route? I do have a I-Pass from IL which works EZPass tolling as well. Would appreciate if I can get an estimate on toll costs. Barely any toll roads in IL so it's years before I refill the credit on my Ipass transponder.

Parking - I understand downtown situation can be expensive. What would FTers recommend? Leave the car in Medford and uber to downtown? Or would it be cheaper to take the car and park in downtown?

Addl question - Recommendation for lunch spot to take a date? I love seafood. She loves a good salad (unfortunately, vegetarian). Anything with view would be amazing. So far, I have Legal Harborside on the list.
Tolls: there are tolls from BOS into the city ($3.50) but not the other way around. The only other major toll road is the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) which doesn't go to Medford or Concord.

Parking: on the weekend, a compromise option might be driving to Alewife or another T station with parking, then taking transit in from there.