FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very concerned about drones in Maldives
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2016, 2:28 am
jp-mco

Originally Posted by offerendum
Yes and no. Letīs say a hotel has a no dogs policy and I arrive for my 20T$ suite with my dog. Some hotels will do excemptions, many not. I guess one high paying customer is not worth loosing 10 "normal" paying customers. If I donīt behave at the resort (flying over other guest houses with a drone is like bathing nude in the pool, dancing on the table in my eyes) they wonīt have another chance then throw me out if I reject to follow the rules.

P.S. what would you say if you complain about a drone over your villa (at a Hotel with a no drone policy) and they answer: Sorry, we canīt do anything. The user is a VIP!
Would you pay the stay or return?
Sorry but the whole argument of ultimate privacy (for me at least) just doesn't work in a public resort. If I go to one I know I'll probably end up on someone's photos. And like it or not, hotels do favour those spending more. I'm not saying this is right but that's how they are. $8k for a stay during low season in the Maldives isn't really what a resort like Dhevanafushi will class as high spend. I'd never actually schedule a stay at a resort and then reach out to the GM asking that they ban drones in preparation for my stay - it all seems very melodramatic.