FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight suggestions? Italy in October
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2016, 2:31 pm
reddingaz

Flight suggestions? Italy in October

I've been tasked with planning a trip to Italy on or about October 1st with friends that will be attending a conference. Due to the dates of the conference I don't have much flexibility with my flight dates.

We hope to start in Venice for 3-4 days, spend 3-4 more in Florence(ish) & then another 4-5 on the Amalfi Coast before they continue on to Sabaudia (a bit south of Rome) for the conference on the 15th.

In addition to RT flights in & out of FCO I've searched a couple of open jaw routes flying into either VCE or MXP & returning from either NAP or FCO but just can't seem to find the right balance between $$ and time once you factor trains in.

The other challenge I have is that the 3 of us are starting from different parts of the US & would prefer to meet up somewhere on the east coast (ORD, EWR or JFK seem to be the options) & cross the ocean together on the same flight. We'll be departing from PHX, ORD & RSW (or any other airports in the vicinity if it makes more sense to do so.)

Based on our projected itinerary are there any other airports I should be considering that I'm missing?

Do you think we're just better off flying in/out of Rome & dealing with the trains to get to/from our destinations?

Let me know if I can provide any additional info to complete the picture.

Thanks so much!!
Erin