FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TRIP REPORT: Hotel Grande Bretagne & Amanzoe (Greece)
Old May 16, 2016, 9:43 pm
Pausanias

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
We were considering this exact trip for end of September and beginning of October but the prospect of less than idea weather changed our minds.
I'm not sure you're right here, FDW. In our experience, weather in this part of Europe has always been superb in late Sep/early Oct. That's when we did several trips to Turkey to tour the ruins and the sea was beautifully warm. I can't remember it ever raining!

By the way, I'm in Rhodes right now. It does seem that several crises have hit Greece hard, though I doubt if that sort of thing affects the Amanzoe crowd. Anyway, the economy and the migrant thing has had a major impact on tourism here. Our hotel, the Rodos Park Suites, is virtually empty and last night we dined alone in one of the top fish restaurants. Prices have skyrocketed since the imposition of higher taxes - it's quite a shock to see on the menu of fairly ordinary taverna a special set dinner for two at 300 Euros.

Amanzoe looks quite sensibly priced considering everything. Lovely report, Ericka.