FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options
Old May 16, 2016, 5:08 am
MarkedMan

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Maybe missed it before but in the GF today and they now have a 'light bites/tapas' section next to where the soup is located. Balsamic vinegar pickled onions, some cold cuts, tzatziki and other bites. Quite nice addition if you feel the need for nibbles.
More of a reconfiguration than an addition and, if truth be told, possibly a bit of a cutback. Not a major deal, to be sure.

when I was there last week it looked like the area where the sandwiches and desserts used to be (middle of the large drinks cabinet) is now juices and drinks stuff. Makes sense I suppose since it is on the whole a drinks cooler. The area that hosted the cold buffet food at the main food stand now has said sandwiches and the sweet options, while the lite bites/cold buffet stuff has been squeezed into the area that you mention. Sort of makes sense actually, as the sandwiches and desserts among the drinks were always a bit peculiar. I am thinking there might be a bit less choice of cold savory food, but it always seemed a bit less popular than the other food anyway. One thing to note is that grabbing the cheese from the lite bites area was a bit of a crowded challenge as the display's been squeezed in a bit.