FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)
Old May 15, 2016, 6:33 pm
sfoactuary

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks like this is the right place to tap into the Amanpulo experts - I'll be heading to a wedding near Bangkok, Thailand at the end of this year, and while I had initially thought about a trip to Amanpuri, the recent lackluster reviews have me re-visiting that plan. So Amanpulo is now on my radar, and after some initial research had a few questions:

1) Suggestions on the "right" number of nights to stay? I know that's completely subjective, but I'm initially thinking 4, and definitely interested in everyone's thoughts. We'll also be attending a beach wedding in Thailand so this wouldn't be the only beach stop on this trip, which is a consideration

2) Any more feedback on the ~$350/day supplement for the "Island Escape" package? I'd already be receiving free breakfast everyday and a lunch if booking through Virtuoso, so the tradeoff really boils down to whether to go $350 fixed cost for lunch/dinner or a la carte. Based on the menu, food costs actually look surprisingly reasonable, and I'd hate to be locked into the package if there were any special meals or experiences that are worth trying

3) Related to #2, the 1BR Villa is not available with the "Island Escape" package. Thoughts on whether this would be worth it over the Beach Casita for the extra $330/night? Other than the extra square footage and the pool, the only other benefit jumping out to me is the private chef, and I'm not sure how much I'd value that. Again, I know it's a totally subjective question, but interested in hearing thoughts.