FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Club Family Mileage Plan
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2016, 2:55 am
sol95

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Hi kayaexalate

Looking at each of your questions on this thread, it seems to me that you need help in understanding very basic mileage collection and redemption information on frequent flyer programs.

For example, do you realise that flights don't always earn 100% of miles flown? So some *A flights will get you no miles on OZ, but could be credited 100% miles in another program. It all depends on the ticket class. So it's not as simple as "I'll credit all adult flights to OZ and all children's flights to UA"...I wish it were that simple, but it's a lot more complex.

And when you use points from a certain program to redeem an award flight on an alliance airline, the rules and amount of miles needed are set by the program you're using the points from. So if you want to book an OZ child award with UA miles, you're governed by UA program rules, not OZ. So even though you only need 75% of miles for a child redemption with OZ, the actual miles you need to redeem through the UA program might be lower. And this is even before factoring in things like tax and fuel surcharges which you need to pay on top of an award ticket.

So I think finding some information on how mileage points are earned and used would be more productive for you and helpful for us in answering any further queries. I'm not trying to brush you off, but when a question you ask is answered, that immediately leads to another question, and so on. And given the subject matter, I don't see it ever ending!

I think you're better served by posting your requirements on this link and getting advice that way, than seeking answers to random and haphazard questions that ultimately don't help you understand the program you're in and what you need to do to maximise your points.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html

Last edited by sol95; May 15, 2016 at 3:14 am