FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]
Old May 14, 2016, 3:41 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littletiger
don't think it is a big deal but would be nice this can be fixed.

The system doesn't seem to populate the second airport in a less known city. Obviously there is no problem for london and tokyo etc. But it becomes a problem for less known cities/airports, for example, Taipei and Seoul.

Avios Calculator/Reward Availability/Book flights with Avios all have same problem. For example, i was trying to book a reward flight from Seoul to Tokyo (HND) with Japan Airline. When you type Seoul, only ICN is populated and no other choice is given. If you accept ICN and type in HND, you will find no flight. Japan airline actually flies from GMP (a less known airport in Seoul) to HND. If someone is familar with this route, he can type GMP directly and put HND as destination to book the reward ticket without any problem.

I think the system in the background recognises this airport (thus routes from/to this airport) but maybe there is missing link somewhere so BA.com only assumes there is one airport in Seoul. In addition, BA.com doesn't chagne to the other airport in the same city automatically.

Same goes for Taipei. Japan airline flies from less known airport (TSA) to HND and TSA is not a choice on BA.com. However the difference is if you type TPE (the only choice BA.com gives if taipei is typed), the website shows no flight from this city but it displays flights from TSA to HND automatically. Not sure why this cannot be done for GMP related routes.
In the Avios calculator, you can just type the city code (or the specific airport code) and then prevent it filling in the rest of the box by clicking away.

This actually works even if the web interface doesn't believe you.

For instance I just booked AEP-IGR even though BA.com thinks the only airport in BUE is EZE.

Whether this applies for revenue bookings I could not say.