FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2016, 10:01 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Modo
When I made my previous post about dynamic pricing I didn't realise Glass was highly rated. After a two night stay I have to say this hotel did not impress. My observations are pretty much as the same as this thread as I read it over recent times.

1. Expensive for what it is.
2. Small rooms
3. Very unimpresive bathroom/shower. Shower head was not adjustable and water pressure was cr--
4. The majority of the staff are unfriendly - some verging on being deliberatly obstructive on issues like late checkout
5. Lounge is OK
6. Many of the food offerings at Glass are poor. The food is cold and the filter coffee is dire (I can't drink pressurised coffee so was relueved they offered percolated coffee. And then...). The bacon on the first morning was like strips of totally inedible vinyl. Freshly squeezed orange juice? Rock hard rock melon.
7. The sensors on anything that moves and is chargeable is just IRRITATING. It even includes a small tray with water on it near the bed.

Location was good and I was more than happy to walk down to the big tourist sites on Saturday morning before an evening flight.

The bean counters have certainly taken over this asylum.
Agree
I haven't been there in a few years now but my stay was very similar to yours.The pricing is outrageous for what they ask
And they purposely hold back standard award rooms year round until close to 2 weeks before arrival dates
Instead of fair market pricing they price as if they are a 5 star premium hotel many months in advance than lower the rate when their average rooms don't fill up
I too as a Diamond was refused late check out and had a room that was in shoddy condition
It damaged my business so badly with Hilton I avoid many of their hotels to this day.
The only positive to my stay was the lounge but many have shared its pretty poor these days.Ill take their word and continue avoiding the property
Westin Sheraton Park Hyatt are all superior hotels even the stingy dated InterContinental who will at least extend check out to 4 PM for Ambassador members