FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2016, 2:12 pm
CJNoobie

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Recent Stay Report

Originally Posted by BotB
Of course ^ , always good to hear from various people staying at a property and as diamonds (or other level), look forward to your review. Safe travels, sure you will at least enjoy this great city!
My wife and I completed a 3 night stay starting last Friday May 6. We arrived at about 9:00AM to drop our luggage.

In short, we were able to check in at about 1:45 and were upgraded to a King Executive room #405. The room faces the rear of the property and has a view of....... Rooftops and associated equipment. That said, the room was quite nice, large and had an oversized tub, etc. I am an American Diamond member and was on a points stay.

We had a full breakfast each day in the lounge, which is open from 7:00- 23:00 on weekdays and from 7:00-10:00 and 18:00-21:00 on weekends for breakfast and evening canapes. Pro tip: The place is absolutely packed by 18:15 for the evening meal. I was told that diamond members could also get breakfast in the restaurant, but the amenity breakfast was limited.

We took afternoon tea in the restaurant on Sunday. The place was about half full.

Ratings: Front desk and bell staff were absolutely great... They remembered us by name, etc. Very professional but down to earth and friendly. Room was great, clean and I really appreciated the upgrade. Lounge is large but obviously not large enough, as it got very crowded at times. Food in the lounge was a high standard, except for the watery eggs. Great variety as well, both in the morning and evening. The restaurant is beautiful and I thought the tea experience was good. Pro tip: Our tea package was priced at 49 pounds per person but booking on a discount site got it for 28.

The gym hours were limited so I wasn't able to use it but it looked good from what I could see.

I hope this proves useful. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them.