FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Repeatedly getting SSSS on boarding passes when flying to the US
Old May 13, 2016, 1:28 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by seavol
The past 6 weeks I've flown Emirates (Delhi), Austrian (Athens), and United (Beijing) and on each flight returning to the USA I've had the SSSS tag. Precheck is valid when leaving the US (no SSSS) but I'm wondering if I should go through the redress program. Haven't had SSSS in over 6+ years and traveled internationally each month.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
DHS TRIP is most probably going to be useless to avoid haraSSSSment on US-bound flights originating from outside of the US. And sometimes applying for it will make things worse and not better, but that tends to be way more rare than DHS TRIP being just a waste of time.

After enough trips to the US on the same carrier(s), your chances of getting hit by haraSSSSment should drop (even as it's unlikely to drop to zero). I wouldn't waste my time seeking to do DHS TRIP/redress. I would either stick to flying the same carrier(s) that hit you with haraSSSSment until the odds drop down or I would jump over to other carriers that have less/no history of doing the same to you to see if it goes any better there.