FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concur Travel and Expense (CTE) Corporate Travel Site
Old May 12, 2016, 5:08 am
cestmoi123

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by BThumme
I see lots of comments on back-end savings that might not be apparent up front.

The problem is, my team has a tight travel budget like most others I'm sure do. If I have a $1,000 budget for a trip, I can't say "well this ticket is $600 but the company as a whole probably saves money over this $400 ticket."

My manager and his manager (who approve travel) see $600. So I don't get that perspective that a lot of people are sharing here.
I'm talking about it in the context of Concur allowing a flight that appears to be more expensive than an alternative, but not allowing the apparently cheaper alternative to be booked. I've had this happen, where (for example), a flight for $1000 on carrier A is listed as out of policy while a flight on carrier B for $1200 is listed as policy compliant. When I asked about what certainly appeared to be a bug, I was informed that it was actually supposed to work that way.

At the company where I used Concur, there wasn't a manager who had to approve specific travel arrangements. Trips needed signoff for some employees, but once the manager signed off on "John has to go to Des Moines on Thursday," then Concur was "in charge" of determining what specific arrangements were allowed.