FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you been Victimized by credit or debit card skimming? How to prevent it?
Old May 11, 2016, 6:34 pm
SpannerSpinner

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by shuigao
Don't know yet. The fraud investigation apparently takes "6-8 weeks" (I got hit with the charges in mid-April).
Thats pretty rediculous. The email from my bank:

Hi SpannerSpinner,

Thank you for confirming the unauthorised transactions on your account. Can you please complete the attached dispute form and return it directly to either FinancialCrimeTeam@..... or your local branch.

Please note, you need to list all unauthorised transactions (transactions you do not recognise) on the form.

We will endeavour to have the transactions reversed for you within 7-10 business days once the form has been returned.
I forgot to sign the back of my Citi PM Amex, and not once in eight months of use did a waitress, cashier etc notice.
Due to having a metal card wallet the signature strips on all my cards have been obliterated, there is nowhere to sign anymore. But with all transactions being chip & pin or contactless I haven't signed for anything except the odd restaurant meals in years.