FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you been Victimized by credit or debit card skimming? How to prevent it?
Old May 11, 2016, 12:36 am
shuigao

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by invisible
I am in Singapore as well and eager to listen what was the resolution of your case, after hearing number of horror stories how local banks have cardholders responsible for charges from lost/stolen/skimmed cards.
Don't know yet. The fraud investigation apparently takes "6-8 weeks" (I got hit with the charges in mid-April).

In the meantime, the us$5k is still sitting in my account, and appears on my outstanding balance both on the statement and on internet banking, despite multiple Citibank phone agents on multiple occasions telling me that they would temporarily reverse the charges ...

Originally Posted by invisible
P.S. Here in SEA, in Australia, Japan and Europe as well I was never asked to produce any form of ID when purchasing something even before the chip technology was adopted. Seems ID check is only US phenomenon.
I forgot to sign the back of my Citi PM Amex, and not once in eight months of use did a waitress, cashier etc notice.