FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Damage to hire car that I absolutely did not cause - Sixt trying to charge me.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:13 am
Colin Bruhn Mannion

Sixt trying to charge me for damage after car as returned with NO Damage!

I recently hired a car from Sixt in Heathrow. Picked the car up, used it for 3 days with no issue at all and returned it fully tanked up and with no damage at all. The car was checked over and signed for by an employee of Sixt who confirmed the car was not damaged in any way and was filled up with fuel.
1 week later I received an email from Sixt telling me they had "discovered" damage to the car after I had returned it and they asked me to complete an "Incident" report.
As I was not involved in any incident at any time during the rental period I could not complete this form. Plus as I had not damaged the car whatsoever and had returned the car and had it checked over and signed in by a member of the Sixt Heathrow team I clearly thought Sixt had just made a clerical error.
However, this morning I received another email from Sixt saying that if I do not complete this incident form then I will be held fully responsible for the damages.
Exactly how am I supposed to complete an incident form when I have not been involved in an incident? And more to the point, why should I spend my time and energy responding to this harassment when the car was returned in perfect working order.
I travel through Heathrow about 20 times a year and I had been using Europcar each time with no issues. I thought I would give Sixt a go this time to see if I was missing out on something (I used to use them a few years ago but I found their customer service was getting worse each time I booked a car with them) It seems like I should have stayed with Europcar!