FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Madrid Pirámides (Master Thread)
Old May 9, 2016, 7:10 pm
Notenut

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Nice Property for a Points Stay

Just had a 3 night stay using points (wife, 17 yr old son, and myself) and were very satisfied. We were upgraded to an Exec Suite, so the roll away bed was set up in the second room, which also had a small balcony overlooking the round about in front of the hotel. I'm Plat but no breakfast offered, which wasn't a big deal since two bakeries and a branch of Valor (for churros and hot chocolate for dipping) were about 3 blocks away, as well as a decent sized supermarket. In the opposite direction, downhill towards the river, there is a nice Peruvian Restaurant, Mis Tradiciones, also recommended.

Being virtually on top of the Metro station made getting to the main tourist attractions a breeze, with just one change of trains needed to reach any of them.

Front desk staff were all very outgoing and helpful. My wife needed medical attention when we arrived and they even made arrangements for us to get to a University Hospital ER by taxi.

This is not any kind of "aspirational" property, by any means, but if your purpose is to have a decent place to stay for a few days while running around Madrid, this is a good choice.