FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA PreCheck Application Name Questions
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2016, 9:55 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
A question just to double check. My husband and I enrolled in Pre-check (too lazy to deal with GE this time) and used our passports. FWIW - we got our KTN in 2 days.

My name is, uh, different. I have 2 middle names, and none of my documents have ever shown my second middle name, or even the initial. My passport shows both middle names, so when I enrolled, I had to do so with both of them. My FF accounts only show 1 middle initial, so I called the airlines and had both middle names shown, as well as had my existing reservation changed to that name.

Will this preclude me from using my driver's license when going through the TSA lanes even if I have pre-check? I hate to have to carry my passport for domestic travel.

My husband only has 1 middle name, but again, on his FF accounts it only shows the initial. It's the same on his driver's license. His KTN show his full middle name.

I have to get the name changed on his FF accounts and ticket, but the question remains - are both of us stuck traveling with our passports all the time?

If so, it may be easier to get our driver's licenses changed

Thoughts?