FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SN2640 HAJ-BRU/05MAY 5 hour "technical" delay
Old May 6, 2016, 11:09 pm
televisor

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Christefan
....but that was my point.....if they knew the night before that a mechanical defect would delay the flight the next morning.....why check-in 2/3 of the passengers in the morning.....instead of starting to look for alternatives. When a delay or cancelation happens on Delta, the system automatically starts protecting customers on alternative flights..... No more need to stand in line....and you can even change these flights/route which the system selected for you right from your app.
Without any evidence there's no way to know what happened. Maybe, as some people are trying to claim, the problem was known the night before and a part was being flown in. Or maybe the problem was discovered in the morning, and mechanics were working inside the plane. I've had one or two delays due to cockpit issues requiring replacement parts, I don't think I've experienced any delays due to mechanical issues on the outside.

Or maybe even they started working on it that early in the morning and then discovered that a part had to be flown in. Without any hard data there are thousands of stories that could "explain" what happened.